Lead Thermal Mechanical Design Engineer
Senior Mechanical Design Engineer
£Competitive + 10% Pension + Bens
A world leader in high technology is seeking a Lead Thermal Mechanical Design Engineer based in Northamptonshire
They currently require a Lead Thermal Mechanical Design Engineer to join their rapidly expanding global R&D team and the technology centre here in the UK.
This would be a varied job offering team leader responsibility for a small team, 7 staff, whilst retaining technical ownership together with some personal hands on mechanical & thermal design responsibility.
Key Responsibilities for the Lead Thermal Mechanical Design Engineer job will include:
- Ensure all mechanical designs meet the required customer and business requirements.
- Design of leading edge mechanical components and packaging systems for complex electronic assemblies.
- Perform all aspects of mechanical development life cycle - from requirements capture, NPI through to customer support.
- Perform Thermal & Structural analysis on designs.
Skills and Competencies for the Lead Thermal Mechanical Design Engineer job will include:
- Degree in mechanical Engineering (2:1 or higher) or equivalent.
- Experience in Thermal and Stress analysis.
- Broad knowledge of various methods of manufacture such as precision casting, machining, extruding etc.
- 3D CAD packages ideally Solidworks
- Industry knowledge of harsh environments such as aerospace, automotive, defence, oil & gas
This is a fantastic opportunity to join a team of Design Engineers working on the next generation of their complex, high speed digital electronic products.
If you have any specific questions about this Lead Thermal Mechanical Design Engineer job based in Northamptonshire please call Nick Drain on 01582 87 88 37. To apply email: ndrain@redlinegroup.Com