Contract Mechanical Design Engineer - Catia V5
Surrey, Eastbourne, Maidstone
The Redline Group have a fantastic opportunity for an experience Contract Mechanical Design Engineer to join a global and industry leading, engineering organization developing special purpose machinery based in Surrey. This long term contract role will focus on Concept design of the next generation of electro-mechanical which incorporates instrumentation, piping, pumps, valves and electronic sensor technologies.
As the Contract Mechanical Design Engineer you will be working closely with Project Managers within the business to design, develop and test products in the NPD stage. This will include 3D design layout using CATIAV5, engineering stress and tolerance calculations, material selection and product failure prevention analysis including FMEA and DFMEA, working to company and industry standards.
Essential Requirements - Contact Mechanical Design Engineer
- 3-D design experience using CATIAV5.
- Experience of working on electro-mechanical systems/machine or equipment design
- Good knowledge of ISO geometrical tolerance (GD&T)
- Experience of FMEA, HAZOP, DFMEA or other design and risk analysis techniques.
- Able to perform calculations and basic FEA is ideal but not essential
- Understanding routing and P&ID experience would be beneficial
- Experience of Full Life Cycle Projects
To apply for this Surrey based position of Contract Mechanical Design Engineer role, please send an up to date CV to please contact Samson Amusa on 01582 878 828 or email samusa@redlinegroup.Com quoting reference SAA4553/148.